Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Tribute to 1640 Rue Martel Bonne Terre, MO


Today is the day my mother-in-law has been working so hard for... They are having a home auction and selling everything inside. I'm sure this will be an emotional day for them since it's emotional for me and I haven't lived there for 9 years. I think I have some emotional ties for lots of different reasons. 

It's the house that Jarrett and I hung out at when we first dated. It's the house I waited for him at when he returned from Paris. It's the house where Julie and Marty cried with me after Jarrett and I broke up. It's the first place we lived after we got married... didn't last too long (2 Months)! I was EXTREMELY homesick. And it's the place Eden has come to love and know as Juju and Grandpa Mar's house. I'm SO sad to see them leave, but praying and believing that the Lord has lots more in store for them in Dallas. I love you guys so much and thank you SO much for making your home the warmest place I have ever been. Thank you for always being so welcoming and letting your kids intrude at anytime!! Thank you for all the delicious, homemade, healthy meals. Thank you for finishing your basement so we could have our first home! Jules, thanks for being my mom and Marty, thanks for being my other dad. I love you guys with all of my heart. 

XOXOXO

Love, 
Erin






Juju down by the water with Eden






The view of the lake from their house

Goodbye 1640 Rue Martel

Thanks for the memories!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear sweet Erin Elizabeth...your tribute to 1640 Rue Martel is so precious. Thank you for all the kind words and wonderful memories that you helped make in this home!! You are the best daughter-in-law in the whole world!! I love you! Always and forever, Jules