Monday, January 18, 2010

Read More Books

I don't know about you, but every year I start off with good intentions. I want to read through my Bible daily with some sort of agenda and I want to read X amount of books throughout the year. Every year ends up being a big fat FAIL!!!! I may read, but most of the time I'm all over the map. I love using Bible reading plans, but once I get behind, I'm overwhelmed with the catch up and somewhere along the way I give up.

Glory to God that He has lit a fire within me. He has rekindled a fire within my spirit to get in the Word daily and learn from Him. I am using the M'Cheyne Bible Reading Plan and I absolutely LOVE it. One thing that I really love about it is that D.A. Carson is doing a Daily Devotional Plan on this reading plan to, in his words,"assist the reader in discovering the riches of God's Word." I subscribed to the blog and they send me a daily e mail with his thoughts on the readings for the day. He also has a blog on The Gospel Coalition website called For the Love of God that you can check out.

My other goal is to read 6 books this year. I have tons of books sitting on my bookshelf that I "want" to read, but I just don't make the time. I'm happy to report that I have read 2 books already this year. Praise Him! I've read, Counterfeit Gods by Timothy Keller which was really good. I thought it was a great book to start the new year with. The second book I read was Don't Make Me Count To Three by Ginger Plowman. This is a MUST READ for any mom. She is extremely wise and very practical. I laughed out loud throughout the whole book!

I hope this gives you some fun resources to check out and I pray that the Lord will keep us faithful to Himself and His Word this year!

Love,
Erin



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...thanks for sharing. I am so encouraged by you desire to know and love God more in this new year. Keep posting on what God is teaching you through your time with Him and the books you're reading. I love to read about it and it challenges me! Love you friend!