Monday, February 21, 2011

Ecuador

Dear Family and Friends,

I want to share with you an opportunity that I have to go to Ecuador March 25 - April 1. Since the beginning of the year I have been praying that the Lord would open up the doors for me to serve on some sort of oversees mission project and last week the opportunity presented itself.

I will be going with our church and team of 30 to support an organization called Compassion Connection in their efforts to support indigenous church planters by fostering community relationships so that they can accomplish their goals for the gospel. The focus of our international efforts is all about those serving in Ecuador full time and not on our team going. We are only a shot in the arm for the work of Christ that is already happening there. Most of our time will be spent an Amazon village called Tena - a river town where we will be involved with Bible and leadership training and church planting. Tena is about five hours east from Quito, in the Amazon Rain Forest area.

I am so excited for this opportunity that the Lord has placed before me. The timing of it is perfect since the trip is planned during Jarrett’s Spring Break! He is excited and looking forward to having the kids to himself for the week!

I have to raise $1,000.00 of support by March 14, which is only 3 weeks away. If you feel led to give I would greatly appreciate it. I have $100 towards the trip so I still have a big chunk left! Not only do I need financial support, but people to commit to prayer for our team and trip.

If you feel led to give in any way you can send a check to:

Erin Reardon

7286 Hazelcrest Drive.

Hazelwood, MO 63042

I love and truly appreciate each one of you.

Love and Blessings,

Erin

And he said, “Behold, I am making a covenant. Before all your people I will do marvels, such as have not been created in all the earth or in any nation. And all the people among whom you are shall see the work of the Lord, for it is an awesome thing that I will do with you.

Exodus 34:10

home_img.jpg

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Exciting! I can't wait to hear more! Praying for all aspects of this! love you girl!