Saturday, November 8, 2008

Baby Update!

I have started and stopped typing this post about 20 times now so here is my attempt to finish...

It all started Thursday morning... I woke up to quite a bit of spotting. I called my midwifes around 10 am and they said they were going to come out at 3:00 p.m. In the mean time I called my mother in law and she was on her way. I also made a big pot of spaghetti sauce and Jarrett came home from work and helped me clean like crazy!

When Sarah and Megan (midwifes) arrived, they checked me and I was already a 6 and having mild contractions.

I hung out on the exercise ball and went about our normal routine. Eden had her stethoscope out and was ready to help check my blood pressure and listen to the baby! Things were definitely moving in the "labor" direction. 

Around 6:00 we ate dinner together and chatted then I was instructed to try and rest for a while. I fell asleep at 7:30 and the midwives came up every 2 hours to check on the baby. At this point, I was still having contractions but nothing strong enough really put things over the edge.

Around 2:30 am they came up with a dose of castor oil (GROSSSS) to try and help things along... well, let me just say that I never want to drink that nasty stuff ever again. It makes your stomach feel so horrible.

By 6:00 am things were still the same - mild contractions - so I took a brisk walk to see if that would push things along. The midwives went for breakfast at a local diner so we could have some family time.

When they returned they checked me and I was dilated to a 7 but by 12:00 p.m. my contractions had stopped and I was feeling great... what in the world~! After a deliberation they decided they would pack it up and wait for me to call them once things started happening again. They left me with the doppler so I could monitor and listen to the baby's heartbeat .

Well, it is now Tuesday and I'm still with child and feeling wonderful! The Lord has definitely been teaching me patience as well as show me His humorous side! Needless to say I am 9 days away from my due date... but all the anticipation of an early labor because of the early dilation is leaving everyone puzzled. It is a mystery! 

I go see my midwife tomorrow and we will find out the latest! I will most definitely keep everyone posted and promise I won't take this long anymore! Lots of love and blessings to all. 

XOXO

Love, 
Erin

No comments: