Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cayenne, Frankincense, & Hormone Cream


My mother-in-law came in for the week of Eden's birthday... and let me say that God has blessed me with the most incredible mother in law ever. I love her with all my heart and feel as though I am one of her own. When she comes she stays in the basement and Eden knows every time where to find Juju's bag of goodies (toiletries.) 

Eden had vanished for a bit, but I wasn't too worried. Lately she has been the queen of hide and seek. She will hide all by herself in her dark closet sometimes for 30 minutes. When I need a break I just tell her I'll play hide and seek with her and that gets me some time to myself... JUST JOKING! I don't ever do that!! Anyways, she was MIA and all of a sudden I heard her choking downstairs. First of all I had NO clue she can now open the door to the basement all by herself. Is that possible? I ran down there and she was choking on one of Jules vitamins... good thing it was just a CAYENNE PEPPER pill! Poor girl... the closet liquid to wash it down with was a bottle of FRANKINCENSE OIL... but that's not all... when I turned her around to help her out she had her face and upper body covered in Dr. Kleitz HORMONE CREAM. Poor kid - she probably was having hot flashes during her nap - adverse effects!!

By this point she was crying 'cause her mouth was burning, she was sweating, and she smelled like she was in the barn with the three wisemen at Jesus' birth. After scraping her tongue with a wet wash cloth and getting some carrot juice into her to stop the burning she was down for her nap. Lets just say that when she woke up she no longer had that runny nose that has been haunting me for the past week. So for all you mom's out there looking how to cure these winter blues, just have your kid eat half of a cayenne pepper pill. 

Thank you Jesus it was nothing toxic!!

Love, 
Erin

2 comments:

Aim said...

OH MY!!!! What in the world are all those 3 things for??? Crazy and leave it up to a 2 year old to think they are all toys or fun things to eat. oh man. Let the fun begin right?

The Boe's ~ said...

Wow.....thats all I can say!!!!
I got into my aunt's medicine for her asthma when I was about 3 or 4 and I had to have my stomach pumped. Glad it was only that that little Eden got into!! Poor thing, but hey....on the bright side of this her cold was gone, ha!!!