Thursday, February 19, 2009

Eden's 2nd Birthday


Yesterday was Eden's 2nd birthday... I cannot believe it. People always said, "Oh, enjoy it, it goes by fast.." Well, I can't believe how true that really is. Uriah will be 3 months tomorrow and I can't believe that either. I think I'm starting to feel the post pregnancy chub because by this time with Eden it was May already and I was able to get out and run... now it's February and minus 50 and I can't even walk outside to get the mail. Thank you Lord for sweats from Victoria Secret that make you feel semi cute! 

So, since funds were short this year we had no party for Miss Eden. Instead we had a buy-your-own lunch at Choo Choo Johnny's with some close friends and family. It's a hot dog/ hamburger place that brings your lunch out on a toy train. Eden's really into trains at the moment so it was perfect. She loved opening presents this year and was definitely all about the quantity and not quality! We got her the Goodnight Moon matching game and she loved it. I think she can recite Goodnight Moon by memory! 

She ended her day with a yummy birthday dinner of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and creamed corn and a cake from the local grocery store. She had a special phone call from Aunt Ambie and Uncle Bern and she got the coolest birthday cake for her kitchen from Aunt Dani, Uncle Dave, and little M. 

Thank you all so much for making this day special inspite of the dying economy!

Here are some pics from the day.

P.S. On her 2nd birthday she had pigtails for the first time. I have to admit I'm just not getting into doing her hair!! 

Eden & Mommy


Driving to her birthday lunch


Eden & Avery waiting for their lunch to come out on the choo-choo train


Her birthday present from JuJu & Grandpa Mar


Her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday Cake


Her first taste of Hansen's Root Beer from JuJu

Love, 
Erin



No comments: