Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Baby News

So, I'm skipping July, August, & September and heading right to October for the latest post... sorry I've been so slack!

Anyway, I went to my midwife today for my 33 week check up and I wasn't expecting what I heard. She kept feeling for the baby's head around my belly button and could not feel it. I had been telling her that I've been experiencing some intense pelvic pressure, but I figured it was a combination of Braxton Hicks, a long day with Eden and doing mommy/wife stuff. 

She decided to do an internal exam and realized the reason she couldn't feel the baby's head was because it was RIGHT THERE... Needless to say my eyes started to well up with tears because I didn't want this poor baby to come so early and because I was a bit in shock.

Charity told me I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. She said if I were 38 weeks she would have told me I was going to have this baby tonight. 

She sent me to  UIC Medical Center to be assessed and make sure I wasn't in active labor. After a long day, I was sent home with strict orders of bed rest... at least for the next 9-10 days when the lungs would be at a point where they wouldn't need steroids. 

So, please be keeping the baby and me in your prayers. Pray for Eden that she would somehow be understanding and for Jarrett as he assumes Mr. Mom duties along with long days at work :) Poor baby! Any ideas on bed rest fun would be greatly appreciated!!

I will keep you posted. 

Love, 
Erin

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh wow! Hey, I just want you to know that Andrew and I will be praying for you all! God's timing is way better than ours, even though his freaks us out! I am sure that things will be great! love you guys, miss you!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

hey erin!
ok so just the other day I was wondering(along with some others people) when it was that you were due to have this baby.I had asked Dianne a few weeks ago but forgot what she said. I got a call from my mom the other day saying that you were in the hospital but all of the info was messed up.I was told that you were two weeks from being due and that they were checking you for things... found out the truth a day later and it is good to know that things are ok so far. can't wait to hear the good baby news soon!